During your pet’s initial evaluation an assessment is made to determine an appropriate treatment plan based on his or her needs. Our canine rehabilitation team believes that you are a vital part of your pet’s rehabilitation. Therefore, we develop and provide you with some basic home exercises that will support your pet’s therapy program.
Certified by Canine Rehabilitation Institute, Dr. Jamie Furutani and technician, Jayme, are canine rehabilitation therapists.
• Manual Therapy: Massage, passive range of motion, and joint compressions aid in the improvement of muscle and joint: circulation, health, flexibility, and mobility.
• Therapeutic Exercises: Therapeutic exercises are performed here and at home to help increase muscular strength and endurance, balance and coordination.
• Cold Laser Therapy: Using infrared light, cold laser therapy is an anti-inflammatory agent helping with arthritis, pain (acute or chronic), and bone healing post-surgery.
• Therapeutic Ultrasound: Using sound waves, microscopic air bubbles stimulate cell membranes facilitates tissue healing; this helps with muscle relaxation, increases circulation, decreases inflammation, muscle spasm, and scar tissue.
• Electrical Muscle Stimulation: Electrical impulses elicit muscle contractions which help to prevent muscle atrophy, aid in muscle re-education, and to reduce pain & muscle spasms.